Last year, we all spent a lot more time thinking about what was on our plates. The pandemic highlighted the importance of knowing where our food comes from, but for many in our community, access to fresh, quality produce is not guaranteed. Tyrean Lewis’ goal is to combat food insecurity and overcome food apartheids in St. Louis to encourage healthier lifestyles. He established Heru Urban Farming, a local farm that sustainability produces organic produce and herbs to benefit underserved populations.
- MissouriBusinessAlert.com Feature: Black entrepreneurs look to change Missouri’s farming landscape through urban agriculture￼
- Opera News Feature: Urban farmers looking to team up with rural farmers￼
- WEPOWER Feature: ‘I choose growth’: My story of transforming an abandoned lot into a thriving urban farm, offering fresh food and jobs for my community.
- St. Louis Finds Food Insecurity Linked to Gun Violence
- GoodGoodGood.co Feature: Tilling North St. Louis, Planting for a Healthier Future